If you have recurring events, you may want to set blackout dates for holidays, vacations, etc. There are two ways you can set blackout dates on your calendar:
- Set Blackout dates on the Master Calendar
- Set blackout dates on specific activities
1. Set Blackout dates from your Master Calendar:
From the calendar tab, you can set blackout dates for your whole business, individual activities/rentals, or specific rental units or equipment.
Go to the Calendar tab and select the Add Blackout button on the left-hand side of the calendar.
- For example, you have a doctor's appointment at 9 a.m. and will not be available to lead any of your three tours starting at that time, you can set a Merchant blackout to cover all three of the tours so customers cannot make any bookings for 9 a.m.
- For example, you and one other guide lead different activities at the same time on Mondays. However your other guide lets you know in advance he will be unavailable one day and you will be busy leading the other activity. You can set a Product blackout to cover his activity for that one day so customers cannot book the tour.
- For example, your third white water raft has a leak and needs maintenance. You can set a blackout over the unit type "White Water Raft", unit name "Raft #3" so that this raft cannot be booked.
2. Set blackout dates on specific activities
Go to the Products tab and select the activity you wish to edit. Then navigate to the Calendar tab within the activity.
Click on the gray Add New button as seen below. A new line will appear where you can enter the date range (Start Date and End Date). Then indicate the specific days of the week you want to be removed from your availabilities for that date range.
Once you're done setting your blackout dates, make sure to click Save and Continue before leaving the page.
Important: Anything you add in the Blackout Dates section will override your availability listed under the Availability section.
Important: If there are existing bookings on the availabilities you want to blackout, please reach out to your Account Manager before setting the Blackout Dates.