Covered in this Article:
- What is an hourly rental?
- When should I use an hourly rental?
- How do I set up an hourly rental?
What Is An Hourly Rental?
An hourly rental is a type of rental you can set up under 'Products' in ZOZI Advance. Hourly rentals are best used for equipment or an activity that is rented for less than 24 hours. ZOZI Advance also supports Daily or Nightly Rentals.
When Should I Use Hourly Rentals?
Common hourly rentals include:
- Kayak rentals
- Bicycle rentals
- Sailboat rentals
How Do I Set Up An Hourly Rental?
To set up an hourly rental product, go to the Products page, click New, and select Rental.
A screen will pop up that allows you to select rental type. Select Hourly.
Here you will see your rental page with 8 tabs that allow you to customize the rental. Here is a quick rundown of what you can do on each.
1. The Details Page is where you can:
- Provide a rental name and short description
- Select the color that shows up for that rental on the calendar
- Add questions that are displayed to your customers during checkout
2. The Units Page lists all your inventory and is where you assign inventory to each type of rental you offer.
- Click the Add New Units button to create a new equipment category
- The Edit button for the equipment category can add more units to that category or rename the category
- The Edit button for individual units can rename or delete units
3. The Pricing Page is where you configure pricing and availabilities for your rentals. This allows for complex setups and pricing structures that contain:
- Multiple seasons - Summer season vs winter season
- Price per rental - $/hr
- Or price per person - $/adult
- Prices based on time of use - $40/hr for one to three hours and $35/hour for four or more hours
The set up allows for any combination of these scenarios to ensure parity with your business.
4. The Addons Page allows you to set an Add-on to be available for purchase with that rental. You'll preset your add-ons under Advance Settings, then select them here from a drop down list.
5. The Photo Page allows you to upload photos for this rental. The suggested photo size is 770x300 pixels and 5MB or less.
6. The Emails Page allows you to customize four automated emails.
- Confirmation - Sent soon after the customer has completed their booking and transaction.
- Reminder - Sent out 4 days prior to the date of the rental.
- Review - Sent out 1 week after the rental is completed.
- Cancellation/Refund - In the event you cancel and/or refund a customer, an email will automatically be sent to the customer notifying them of the cancellation/refund.
7. The Options Page lets you access several customizable details for your rental.
- Block Time - Before or after the booking to allow cleaning, inspection, etc
- Check-in/Check-out - Know when customers have picked up and returned a rental in a time slot
- Online Cutoff Time - Select min and max time when bookings are no longer accepted
- Hide Unit Selection Field - Check this to only let customers book one at a time
- Booking Confirmation - Choose to manually accept each booking for this rental, or auto-confirm
- From Price - For display purposes, choose what your rental price starts at
- Product Categories - Choose a preset category for your rental
8. The Widgets Page contains the embeddable HTML code to place 'Book It' buttons on your website. Here you can customize the button's text, size and color.
Finally, click 'Finish' to complete your rental set up. You may go back and edit any of the rental parameters at any time.
Blog Articles You Might Like
- 4 Biggest Challenges Facing Rental Merchants (and how to overcome)
- Seasonal Employee Retention: 5 Tips For Rental Businesses